Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

a new toy.

So, for our anniversary, troy bought me that nike plus thing!!!

I am so excited to try it out. From what I can tell, it's amazing. You can workout with distance goals or time goals. There's a button you can push that plays your chosen PowerSong when you need to get pumped up (here lately, for some random reason, Jesse's got a Girl has been that song for me...i don't know!) and you can download certain athletes workout mixes or build your own. And a voice will come on and tell you every once in a while how far, how fast or how long you have been running!

AND, (i know! It just keeps going!) AND, when I'm done with a run, I can come home, plug my ipod into my computer and upload my run info to nikeplus.com and it will track my progress. Yeah, it's too cool!

I am pumped. Now I just have to wait for my new shoes, which i've earned by 4 weeks of working out consistently. and my shoes are way old.

(working out consistently when possible - yes, I took a few days off when Troy was out of town, but I can't control that. Every other time and chance, I've gone! I earned my dang shoes!)

2 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

good girl! I am so proud of you. though, I don't know how you do it in the icky heat of west texas. go, J!!!

tpot said...

You have definitely earned those shoes. You are doing really well. ANd I am super proud of you for going for the 10k this year. I know you will do well. I just hope that Narnia man I posted about isn't there. He will make you feel INCREDIBLY stupid. But with your new toy...I bet he doesn't have one of those!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!