Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

For lack of a better word...

Today's run sucked.

I ran the first mile and actually, by some miracle, shaved off, hold onto your hats, two, yes TWO whole seconds. Wow. But progress in any form is okay.

But then I just felt sick. I've been feeling sick after my runs lately and this time it just hit me a bit quicker. I don't need to throw up, but I just feel really weak and sick. So, for the second mile I just walked. i sprinted twice, but I just walked.

But I was out there. The streak continues. Tomorrow will be two full weeks.

(on a side note - I hope the "morning" sickness is completely running related and nothing else...please, Jesus....)

2 comments:

jellybean said...

are you eating anything before you go out?
your blood sugar could just be getting too low.
you should try like a power bar or a bananan or yogurt or something.just so you have something in you to burn out.
no matter what time of day you go.

Gema said...

Jenny, maybe you should get some protein powder and drink a protein shake before you run. Jay always had us do this before we walked or before our workouts with him. I have gotten that same feeling before and I think Jellybean is right that it is low blood sugar. Make sure you are getting potassium daily too, like from fruit--bananas, melon. Also, Jay had us drink water with lemon--lots of it in it, after our workout--I guess for the electrolytes. Hope that helps.