Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Adding Distance

I added .8 to my path today. I did it in about 30 minutes. I'm not for sure on that because I am having technical difficulties with my watch. Apparently water resistant watches indeed cannot get submersed in water. i have some major condensation inside the watch.

Anyway, because of said watch issues, I thought I had started my timer, but hadn't and didn't realize that until I had run about half a mile, but I have no idea how fast. I guesstimated five minutes. So add that to the 24:57 I ran the rest of the run, I have estimated a 2.8 mile run in 30 minutes.
Not great.
But, BUT, I didn't stop for 2.8 miles. Two weeks ago, I couldn't run a full mile. Now, that's what they call progress. And progress is all I need... just a little bit here and there.

My goal - three miles in 28 minutes. I can do it!

1 comment:

jellybean said...

i thank that's a great goal.
a 10 minute mile is GREAT! so if you're doing them in a little less,even if it's just a little bit lett, well, your doing super great!
keep up the good work.
i'm glad you are enjoying it!