that word would sum up my runs here lately.
I run with no goal in mind. I sprint. I jog. I run. half the time i don't even know where i'm going to go.
I skip one day, then two...
I have no program.
I've run three times since my last post - a total of 10 miles. I haven't run a 10k since the 11th. I'll be doing that again on...?
But i'm not going to let the haphazardness get to me. When my husband works hours that change at a moment's notice...when I have a "job" that often requires me to be out at my normal running time....when 6am is pitch black...haphazard is as good as it's gonna get.
Today i did 3.8 miles in 30 minutes. I walked after i reached a 5k.
My lofty goal of a 24 minute 5k is way too lofty. Let's make that 26 minutes.
I'm going to start doing some form of at home strength training on the days i can't run.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been thinking about skipping rope. (You know...like the boxers do. Hard core. I never learned how but it seems like the time to learn new stuff.) I was thinking it could be a good alternative when running isn't feasible. Like tonight is way too late.
Post a Comment