Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Erasing the Lie.

My nike thing keeps track of my fastest, longest, and farthest runs. For the last three weeks or so I've been annoyed at my farthest(furthest?...) distance so far - 7.14 miles because that's from the Human Race which was, obviously, only 6.2 miles.

The only way to erase it - delete the run altogether which would be sad, or beat it.

So, yesterday I beat it. I ran 7.15 miles in 1:05:05. I nearly died.
Now, .16 of that was my walking warmup, so technically I ran, what? 6.99. Oh, geez. I just realized that. That's annoying. Crud.

Whatever. The point is when I look at my trophies I can look at 7.15 and know it's the truth. I actually ran 7 miles.
The first three or so felt pretty hard, 4 and 5 were a little easier, then 6 was like toying with possible death, and then after 6.2 it was like, "I'm going to beat that stupid 7.14 like it's nothin'!"
At 7.15 I pressed my "end workout" button and all but collapsed in a stranger's yard.

But I did it. I ran 7, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 MILES! I wonder if I could do 8...

Needless to say - no run today. : )

2 comments:

mari said...

wowzers!

Alicia said...

You'll be gearing up for a marathon before we know it!!