Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

going the distance

I have, according to nike, run over 100 miles since august 1st. Wow!

Last night I ran 6.2 miles and it literally felt like i had run 400 miles by the time i got back. Gaw, i hurt. My stomach hurt. Like queasy hurt. I think my big lunch at chili's was not happy about the running.

But i ran. I didn't walk any of the 6.2miles and I did it in under an hour. So success.

I know at some point i need to run farther than 6.2 miles to really increase my endurance, but geez. 6 miles is impossible. a step more than that and I might die.

I have a new goal i'm aiming for. It's pretty lofty. A marathon. NOT. um, the real new goal is to run the shannon 5k in 24 minutes. That's no more than 8 minutes a mile. I have three weeks to shave off 2 minutes from my best ever time. yikes. two minutes is a pretty decent chunk of time....

let the speed training begin!

No comments: