Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hill day

Tonight I ran two miles. I just ran up and down some hills in Santa Rita. Iwas fastish but two miles is a disappointment for me. I really hate it when I run less than three miles. I almost feel less guilty when I don't run at all. I think it's because if I'm gonna run, if I'm gonna get all sweaty, if I'm gonna get on the shoes, then I should at least make it worth it and two miles just isn't worth it anymore...

My goal for the week is five runs and 18 miles. I'd also like to run one 5+ mile run at a slow steady pace. I wish I could find a very flat long distance place to run. San Angelo is oddly hilly when you're running...and for me hills make a HUGE difference in my endurance and if my goal is just distance I'd like to not have hills to contend with every Time. If the river didn't scare me so bad it'd be the perfect solution...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

ok, a) it has been too long since we emailed or connected.
b) did josh tell you that i saw him while we were running the cap 10k this year? sad that you were sick!
c) 2 miles is not nothing. i know it can feel that way. but seriously, it's not. check out this marathon training schedule i found today: http://www.austinfit.com/schedule.php. it calls for 2 milers. so, see? 2 miles is building up. i'm about to go run 2 miles. :)