That's how long I have to train. And I just took the last month off. Between photo shoots like crazy, freezing cold weather, tutoring, troy's wacky work schedule and a number of other excuses, running just didn't happen. And what scares me...i didn't miss it too bad. It was like after Thanksgiving I just decided to stop and so I did.
But I still want to achieve my goal. And I still want to run. I want to make running a part of my life for the long haul. And I know there will be dry spells like this past month, but I want to keep finding a way back into it. I don't have a full proof long term solution right now, but I did go running today. I ran two miles without stopping and while I was a lot slower than I was a month ago, I still ran.
I'm going to try to find several races to compete in over the next few months to give me motivation and goals. I'm going to get some cold weather running gear because it's winter. If I'm gonna run, it's gonna be cold. And I'm going to keep running.
I crossed the 200 mile marker on nikeplus. That is pretty good motivation right there.
I want to hit 400 miles by the Capitol 10k.
I will.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
tell me when you find some races. i want to attempt a 5k or two and maybe even a 10k if possible before i get to the capital.
we gotta do it! i totally got a cold-weather running suit for christmas. very official.
jan. 5. it's on.
Post a Comment