Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Progress

I ran today and my knee hurt, but not bad enough to make me stop.

I walked half a mile, ran a very steady even 9:00-9:30 mile pace for 3 miles and then ended with a a bit of walking.

I felt really good. There were a few times, when my ipod was on a song that usually makes me pick up the pace, that I would try to go faster and my knee would hurt then. So, I'd just slow back down and keep going. It was hard not to go fast. I just like the feeling of having small bursts of speed. :(

I finished 3.75 miles in just under 37 minutes. So that's not terrible. Slow n steady, right?

When I got home, Troy told me to ice my knee. And next time I run, I'm supposed to apply a heat pad for 10 minutes before I hit the road. Hopefully, the "treatments" and taking it one slow and steady race at a time will help.

I hope so.

2 comments:

tpot said...

WEll, it helps to have a personal trainer on hand! Can he coach all of us??? :) I'm glad you're back at it. I knew you would be!

kj said...

glad to hear there was some improvement! you're gonna do great! :)