Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

officially worried

i have hurt my knee.

About three weeks ago, after my stupid overly fast run, my knee started hurting about a mile and a half into my runs. So much so that I'd stop mid stride and yelp. It hurts really really really bad when I go faster than super slow. If I go slow, then it's okay. Not great, but okay.

So I took three weeks off - kinda cuz I was sick, the weather was bad, I was busy, I couldn't find the time, the knee thing...etc. Well, when I ran yesterday, the knee pain was still there. That's bad stuff. Oh, and I also ran with insoles at the advice of my trainer husband. No help.

So. Injured am I. My knee doesn't hurt at all any other time - solely when I run.

I'm sad. And worried. The race is only weeks away. What's a girl to do?

take it nice and easy I guess.

1 comment:

tpot said...

OH, J, I am so sorry! hmmm. I don't have any suggestions at all. What does the wonderful trainer husband think? I had severe ankle pain, and custom orthotics helped that. Thye cost about $350, but I was in so much pain that it has definitely been worth it. But I don't know about knees. Sounds like you may have injured it during the run. I will pray for you b/c I know you want to do this so badly. Just rest for now until you figure out what's going on. You are an amazing runner who can pick up where you left off quite easily and "catch up" in amazing ways. I'd give it more time if it still hurts. When you start back don't worry about speed (I know that's hard), just concentrate on distance and endurance. But for now, rest.
Praying.