Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Embracing the cold.

Yesterday I ran in 35 degree coldness. 6.2 miles. I just kept going. My goal was 5 miles, but I wasn't home when I hit the five mile marker so I just kept going.

I just got back from another quite chilly run - about 42 degrees or so. I wear gloves in the cold. I know I must look like a goofball, but they make all the difference in the world. And for some reason, I like to put half my hand inside my sleeve and hold onto it.

So, I'm feeling pretty good about my consistency. Since Christmas I've run a little over 20 miles. I'm a little worried my nike thing is or was lying to me, but today, to test it out, I went to the ASU track. I jogged a quarter mile to see what my thing said and it was dead on. Then I calibrated it and again it was perfect. But I don't know...I just think it's telling me I'm running farther and faster than I am. Because when I've mapped out things in my car, it's shorter than my nike thing is. Perhaps when you run you somehow go farther...no. That's the stupidest thing ever. Oh, well. Maybe I''ll try calibrating a whole mile...not just a quarter. I don't want to be tricked into thinking I"m faster than I am...

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Wow 20 miles since Chirstmas! Way to go! I have yet to get back into my routine. I had better get back into it quick. March will be here before I know it!!