Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

morning runs.

I like running in the morning because I get up early, start the day with a bang, and am full of energy most of the day.
but.
It is so hard to get out of bed in the morning, especially when I edit at night until midnight or so. Not every night of course, but most.
Also, my body is just slower in the morning. I feel like my first 5 minutes of the run i'm just waking up, much less actually working out. It's just frustrating. I know that speed is not the most important thing, but I just feel so sluggish. And I haven't run over four miles at one time in i don't even know how long.
I think I need some goal. I need to find a race or decide to lose x number of pounds or something. Besides the knowledge of just knowing how great it does feel after I run, I'm having a hard time with the motivation factor. And, let's face it, if "aw, man, I do feel better because of _____" was motivation enough to do something consistently then life would be so much easier.
Why is that?
Why are the things that make us feel the best when they're done - cleaning house, eating something healthy, working out, maintaining your body the way you should, keeping things organized, staying caught up on responsibilities - so hard to convince yourself to do?
And all the other things that make you feel crummy - a messy house, eating junk, laying around all day, procrastinating, not taking care of your body the way you should - so easy to do?

Anyway, I just want running to feel like it did when I first started, when I almost couldn't wait to get out there and do it. Not now when I have to drag my sorry hiney out there every day.

Finding a renewed motivation. That's my goal.

No comments: