Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

i did it!

I ran the race. I beat one of his times. I didn't give up. For someone who has felt like a quitter most of her life, continuing the race proved to be just what I expected it to be - much more than a race.

But now it's done. Until Aprill 11th. So what now?

I love running. I love the way I feel after a run. And I like how I can eat a handful (read: entire bag) of jelly beans without too much guilt because I ran 6 miles an hour earlier.

So, I'm a runner now. I smiled after I wrote that.

To stay motivated, my next goal is to place in a san angelo race. Just in my division. I know I can't beat these crazy 6minute milers, but I could maybe get 3rd against women my age...assuming a few elites are home sick. :)

And i'm also going to start attempting to train more consistently with a program or something. I want to be able to run the capitol 10k next year in 50-52 minutes. To do that I have to run further...and more...and harder...and with some knowledge of pace, breathing, and posture. This whole "run here and there for however long at whatever pace" probably wont get me there.

So - finding a program. And placing in a race.

Tonight I ran 6 miles in about 57 minutes. I walked some because of my knee. But it felt really good. For a good two -three miles I was running a pretty consistent 8:00-8:15/mile pace. It felt amazing...

1 comment:

CG said...

Wow you go girl.